Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Week Eight, Thing Ninteen

I was already a bit familiar with Library Thing, due to "Thing Eleven", but I did not create an account at that time, so this has been fun.

For my Library Thing list, I am still focusing on the Dust Bowl, but I picked a mixture of nonfiction and fiction because I feel that this will help me to reach more students. The books I have selected can be found here.
(You may have to click on the collection "Dust Bowl Webquest Support Texts" to see them)

Just for fun, I also made a list of some of my favorite books, some YA and some adult, a few poetry collections, but all wonderful. If you are interested, those can be found under "favorites" in my catalog.

This site is remarkably similar to one I discovered last year, www.goodreads.com I don't know if I can link the list that I created there, but I'll try (again, these are just books I have read/enjoy, not related in any way to my webquest).

Here are my GoodReads books.

Has anyone else used GoodReads? I think I prefer it to Library Thing, actually, and I can't believe I have forgotten about it all this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment