Wednesday, October 28, 2009

blog post

Ok, so I am going to fiddle with this and attempt to post my week eight, thing eighteen blog here.

Zoho Writer seems really user-friendly, and the first thing I have noticed is how closely the toolbar mirrors the Microsoft office toolbar.  We had a training session on SMART boards and other technology at my school last week, and the trainer mentioned that a lot of the add on technology has modeled itself on the Office layout, since most users are more familiar with that.

I really like the templates available through Zoho, and I think those could come in handy in the future.

Overall, this is a fairly easy technology, and I can certainly see the value of being able to have a "living" document that is accessable to more than one user at a time: I can really see the application of this tool for businesses and corporate meetings.  Perhaps something like Zoho can be used in schools to facilitate team teaching between teachers of different subjects/grades, or even between teachers at different schools.  I think the online education program in my state could utilize this technology, so that all students taking an online high school course would have access to ALL the different teachers' works.

Now...to try to post to my blog!

1 comment: