Saturday, September 12, 2009

Week Three, Thing Six

I played with the Flick mashup to make a mosaic at http://bighugelabs.com/, and the end result wasn't what I was expecting. When I think of photo mosaics, I think of those huge images that make one composite picture out of many tiny different images. I have always thought those were so cool! The mosaic I created (using a random set of Flickr images that I found) was interesting, but not as impressive as the image I had in my mind.

I really like the ability to make real jigsaw puzzles, and I am trying to think of a friend or relative that would enjoy a gift like that just so I can have the excuse to make one!

I like all the functions Flickr offers, but as a whole when it comes to photographs, I am an old-fashioned girl: not only do I insist on printing images and storing them in tangible albums, but I still shoot with 35 mm film and prefer black and white film over color. Don't get me wrong: I love my digital camera, and it has made my trigger finger a lot less expensive than when I was a teen and I would get entire rolls of film printed that only had one or two worthwhile shots. I just enjoy the dark room manipulations for film more than I enjoy the digital tricks and manipulations.

1 comment:

  1. yes, tech comes in many flavors and can match your learning style

    ReplyDelete