Saturday, September 12, 2009

Week Three, Thing Five

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7654252@N08/3904915342/

I want to talk briefly about this image. I found it by using the random function Flickr offers to look for "interesting" images that have been loaded within a week.

Rationally, I know that the circles of reflection are simply that: reflections. Irrationally, they remind me of orbs, the supposed manifestations of ghosts and spirits that are sometimes captured on film. I don't know if I believe in that, but the rare times when I see photos of my own with an unexplained circle, I have to stop and wonder.

In my imaginary world of this image, this woman is surrounded by orbs...perhaps she has lost many loved ones, or perhaps the dead find her fascinating. Or maybe they aren't orbs at all, but glimpses of the fairy folk...

My mind is ready to frolic and play this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment